- Traveled to China, Jackson Hole, Wyoming, Scotland and England, and Spokane, Washington.
- Attended many veterinary conferences: North American Veterinary Conference, Merck Summer Scholars Conference at Michigan State, VBMA National Meeting, SAVMA Symposium at Ohio State, VVMA conference in Roanoke, VA.
- Rescued my dog on a Humane Society RAVS trip.
- Learned how to handle wild raptors, songbirds, and mammals.
- Lived alone.
- Lived in Blacksburg, VA, a special place indeed.
- Became a crossfit junkie.
- Discovered rock climbing and kayaking.
- Created and developed lifelong friendships.
- Became a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine.
Thanks vet school. Thanks to all my friends for their endless support. Thanks to my amazing 3 cats and wonderful dog. Thanks to all my teachers. Thanks to myself for persevering and finding the strength to get through the 4 years. Lastly and most importantly, thanks to my husband. He never wavered when I wanted to quit and drive 500+ miles a week to support me. I cannot wait to support you on your journey of higher education.
This blog entry marks the end of life of a veterinary student. I hope to create a new blog entitled "Life of a Veterinary Intern." Thank you followers for making me a part of your journeys. You can always email me with questions or for inspiration. 7+ years in the making and I can tell you, anythign is possible if you are passionate and work hard enough.