Monday, July 30, 2007

Finally it is real...scary.

My how time has flown since my last post at the beginning of the month.

Despite closing on our Blacksburg apartment on July 21 and moving most of my belongings down there July 20, the reality had not hit home until Thursday July 26 when my team at my current company, CFC, took me out for a farewell lunch at Sweetwater Tavern. I started becoming sad, pensive. As I tried to make plans to see some friends I realized quickly I was running out of time. Only 13 days remain between now and the start of orientation. 10 days until I move down to Blacksburg.

Over the past few days I have been sentimental about leaving my 2 boy cats, my townhouse, and adjusting to a new long distance relationship with my husband, after living together for over 5 years.

I tend to hesitate right before any major life change, even ones not of my choosing such as graduating high school and college. Because this is my choice entirely and will drastically alter my current and future life it is even tougher to swallow without questioning. I know within myself that the past 4 years leading up to this moment have constantly shown me this is the right direction, but now that it feels so real and so full of change (both positive and negative) it has become much easier to question.

I hope over the next 2 weeks I can find closure for my current career and feel more confident about my choice for my future career.

1 comment:

Joyce said...

Hi Michelle,

I wish I had had a chance to wish you good luck before you left, I know you will succeed with flying colors.

I will take good care of Matt for you and try not to let him eat too much macaroni and cheese.

Love,
Joyce