Sunday, February 8, 2009

Avoid the burnout

Well I think I survived the first week of exams. This week contains another 2, potentially harder exams. It's Sunday and I am tired. The weather was spring-like and I tried to enjoy it a little bit. We went for a long trail run on Saturday in the late afternoon, and got a little lost due to poor trail heads and a cloudy memory. We found our way back, thankfully, before dark and were able to laugh about it. Needless to say our bodies were sore. We ran/hiked for over 40 minutes more than planned.

The rest of Saturday and Sunday were heavy study days in an effort to stay on top of the current classes and prepare for next week's exams.

This week we have a lot of lectures and a pet peeve of mine. It makes vet school infinitely less manageable when we have 6 lectures before the fist exam that will be on the second exam, when we are still trying to master the 10 prior lectures for an exam that week. It means a lot of catch up next weekend in cardiology. Ugh my brain hurts just thinking about it.

1 comment:

Fiona said...

Oh my, I understand why you will feel that way. Now that I graduated, I feel like a free bird because I can do what I want and I don't have to study for long hours anymore. But seeing what you posted, I feel for you. You can survive that though. Click here Go to the park, study there, be inspired, and live your dreams once you graduate.