Thursday, August 16, 2007

Orientation Recap

With only 1 day left of orientation, it has been a long but very informative first week. I think everyone is ready to begin this semester after hearing so much about it. Key themes:

  • Don't fall behind
  • You are here because you can do it
  • Study in groups with diversity and 4 or 5 members
  • Pet food is free for the next 4 years
  • Stress is a given but must be managed
The atmosphere here is everything I thought it would be. Friendly people and loads of spirit. I still have no tv but soon I won't even be able to watch very much. I have been exercising and trying to get some rest, while enjoying $1 drafts and socializing.

My big sister Emily is a second year student and has been so helpful in this transition and a lot of fun to be around. I feel lucky to have made a friend like her already. She'll be my tail gate buddy if any of you come down for a game.

This will be one of if not the most difficult thing I ever accomplish but I hope to get through it and make a difference in society and the profession.

Future posts will follow weekly. Please posts comments so I know you're reading and thinking of me.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm reading & thinking of you!

XXOO, Boller

Unknown said...

Hey Michelle! Just wanted to give you a little shout out of encouragement. I'm back in school now too and it was quite an adjustment, but now that I'm two semesters in, I realized its really not all that bad. Best of luck with everything!!
Craig F.

ND said...

Hey Michelle, You will do just great! You have the smarts and the drive so go for it!