Friday, February 8, 2008

Back in Full Swing

After the intimidation subsided and sleep deprivation began, I learned to love vet school again. Maybe it just took some good test scores to show me I can do this, but a lot of my anxiety and confidence issues have subsided...for now. On the other hand, I am exhausted, but enjoying vet school again.
I enjoyed meeting the veterinarian I will be working with from Royal Canin, as the Royal Canin student rep for my school. She has a lot of nutrition knowledge and has had an interesting career. I hope it's the start of a great mentorship.

In the back of my mind, I am pondering my summer plans. I am torn between a great research experience here in Blacksburg and working at the emergency center in Vienna, VA, coupled with a pathology janitor at the National Zoo part-time. While I would like to stay here for the summer, I would also love to be home enjoying DC as well and enjoying my garden, cats and our home. I hope the right decision pops out at me soon.

In the meantime, I am also thinking about a quick, cheap weekend trip over Spring break. A friend of mine mentioned a quick lighthouse tour for a few days which sounded fun, but most importantly I will be finishing my books from winter break!

My ah-ha moment of the week is the amazing impact nutrition has on the health and disease prevention in all mammals! It is truly amazing what can be treated and prevented just by managing nutrients in a diet.

No comments: