Monday, February 25, 2008

Time for an update

Before I sit down for a long night of studying for physiology test #2 on the endocrine system, I figured it was time for an update.

This weekend was very busy, but fun. Friday we had the day off to attend the VA Veterinary Medical Assoc. conference in Roanoke. The lectures were great, and to my surprise I was able to follow most of them. In the morning, I listened to the Chesapeake Cardiology Associates speak about different topics in cardiology. In the afternoon, Dr. Martin, the surgical legend here at VT, spoke about different surgical techniques. He presented using a lot of case photos and some of his work was truly miraculous. I have some learning to look forward to in the future!

I also got a chance to speak with some great vendors, from Fort Dodge, Pfizer, and Boehringer Ingelheim (BI). Dr. Dan Green from BI, as it is known, has some great ideas for the VBMA and I had a blast brainstorming with him. We discussed a job fair at VMRCVM and possible internships and 4th year rotations at their research facilities in Germany. Perhaps I may be a guinea pig...

Saturday night we checked out Floyd, VA for dinner at Oddfellas and then a concert by AARPunk. AARPunk is a band that includes 2 of my vet school professors, Dr. Bob and Dr. Klein. They rocked the crowd (which was great for people watching)!

Somehow I am plowing through the semester and I cannot wait for spring break, although my plans are still yet to be determined. They hinge on whether or not I get a lottery ticket for the Yankees game here at VT. My fingers are crossed and I have all my friends signing up. Hopefully Matt and I can also take a small 2-3 day trip away and I plan to get up to the DC area and try to be an active friend/family member for a short time.

I have not had a week without a test since week 2 ad this week is no exception with 2 tests.

Well that's a more detailed update than I usually have time for (let's just say I needed a break between Matt leaving and hitting the books tonight).

No comments: