Sunday, August 31, 2008

Back to the US, Back to School, Back to Blacksburg

It has been a while since my last post and as you may be guessing it has been very busy! I had every intention of writing about London and my first day of school, but unfortunately it did not happen in time. So now I have to write about it all in one fell swoop!

The UK was excellent. I really missed it over there and it felt like home the second we landed. I had a great time running Matt all over London to see it all. We got a lot accomplished in only 3 days in London. I certainly felt my age, as my friend Gemma pointed out. Running around European cities, while one of my favorite activities, exhausted me! Kate and Joe's wedding in the Cotswold region was magnificent and it was a blast to have the study abroad family together again! everyone was as fun as I remember. Matt and I had fun at the Fringe in Edinburgh, and returned to London with one last day to spend with Gemma riding on the double deckers and seeing my best friend Petra.

We got back to the US jet-lagged and I was sad to have left. I vow to return for the 2012 olympics! But we slaved through the jet-lag and got ready to make the trip back to Blacksburg. The cats made it okay, but traffic made the trip long.

The vet school reunion at Rivermill was fun and we were all excited to be back. That lasted for me, until aroudn Thursday.

On Thursday I wondered how on earth will I get through this? The subjects are just as jammed packed, the material more complex, and yes I need to remember a lot of what I learned last year and no I did not review all summer:(

I decided I cannot and will not look far into the future and will go day by day week by week. I must remind myself how important this career is to me and that somehow I can do it. 90 people last year did and so can I. It will be an intense year though, and I have a lot of reviewing to do.

This weekend my sister and her husband came to visit. It was fun we visited Chateau Morisette Winery and the blue Ridge Parkway. They appreciated the beauty of the area as much as I do, which was so much to share. I won't see them again until Thanksgiving, which I hope comes quickly and by then I have more confidence that I will become a 3rd one day.

I have come a long way sincelast year in terms of confidence and questioning why I am here. I know I want to be a vet, I believe (somewhere) that I can become a vet, and where there is a will there is a way!

No comments: