Monday, September 8, 2008

Biding My Time

Despite a super fun bovine restrain lab last Friday, I have not written. Things are pretty good in vet school land, considering it's second year. But that is all about to change. I have not written because I am taking all the time I currently have to avoid the unavoidable horror that will start next week with 2 exams and a night class in complementary medicine. I have wanted to take complementary medicine since before I got accepted to school and would drool over the classes I could take.

Of course it couldn't be a worse week for 6-8 class Wednesday through Friday and Saturday 8-4. It interferes with studying for 2 major exams and my best friend's surprise 30th birthday Saturday. Such are the woes of a vet student.

Anyway back to last week. Last week went well and I am trying to be proactive and keep up on most classes, in order to make it through the rest of the semester with some success and some (not much) sleep. The first football game of the year was not a great showing for Tech, but a fun time for me sitting with my vet school friends this year. I am very excited for the game this weekend. It's not until 3:30pm, and we vet students are sooo excited we have the whole morning to study and soem time to tailgate!!

So this week I am enjoying the lower stress level because next week the real fun I know and love (hate) will begin!

Vet school notes: I really did love playing with cows last week and cannot wait for cow lab take 2 on Wednesday. I also joined the Equine club this year to get more horse experience. Tomorrow is the Royal Canin luncheon, which I hope will be a huge success.

Here's to week 3 of second year. Wake me up when it ends.

1 comment:

OHAAA!!! It's Michelle! said...

Hi there! I was searching around the web for vet student blogs and happened upon yours. I'm currently in my first month of vet school and definitely going through a big lifestyle change, so it's great to read about other students. After reading one of your posts in your first year, it's nice to know that I'm not alone in feeling lost at the end of each day. We had our bones test last week, and luckily it went well. Thanks for writing!