Monday, July 28, 2008

Off To a Bumpy Start

My flight back was easily as ridiculous as the flight to New York. I was exhausted and my bag was missing this time. It's quite a sketchy story, but I stayed with a stranger from the plane in Roanoke last night. I did not have to drive back to Blacksburg at 2am and could see if my bag would arrive on the morning Roanoke flight. The story may not be blog appropriate.

I was completely distraught for most of the day, although going out to get some toothpaste and a phone charger and going to the gym gave me a little piece of mind and made the day more normal. Then as I am watching tv and relaxing, they called to let me know they are on their way with my bag! I thought it could be days, but it was less than 24 hours. Anyway, now I have some items to return, but it feels amazing to have my stuff back.

The last thing I want to do, however, is to get back on a plane in 3 days to Michigan. If I never see an airport again it will be too soon. The thought just makes me nauseous.

Tomorrow will be my last day of work. I am very excited because we are having a party after work, which is very nice of them to organize and should be great fun.

So Summer Part 2 has started with the traveling, and end of work. Looking back I had a pretty fun summer after all, despite the stress at the beginning and a short period of missing Matt in the middle.

Less than 1 month until school starts and while I am enjoying the freedom, I am starting to get excited for all that I will learn this upcoming year. Can you say nerd...

No comments: