Monday, January 5, 2009

Ice Skating-Like Riding a Bike

So I have been chipping away at my last days of break list. Today I submitted summer job applications (still more to do tomorrow), mopped all the floors, and took 2 gym classes back to back. Yesterday Matt and I went ice skating for the first time in at least 15 years. Not a bad start to my second to last full week of break.

Ice skating was a blast! After one lap hugging the wall, I broke free. Many of the skills I acquired when I took lessons as a kid came flooding back. I almost skated backwards, could do lunges, in-out circles (not sure what these are actually called), and most importantly could control my speed. My ankles and shins hurt today, but it was worth it.

After ice skating, Matt and I walked by a murder site by the Verizon Center in DC before going to eat a well-deserved lunch at Matchbox. We had a really nice lunch, great wood-fired pizza!

This week is off to better start, but the DVD player is on the fritz. Last year the plasma tv broke when I was ready to watch some tv and this year the DVD player, just as I am ready to start on my Alfred Hitchcock box set I got for Christmas 2 years ago. Oh well, thank heavens for the Playstation 2 we never used.

No comments: