Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Winter Break Update

So here I am packing up my Northern VA life and bringing it back to Blacksburg for semester 4 of vet school. The rumor is that this is the hardest semester and the one where all the learning starts to make sense. It's also the semester of expensive textbooks. While I am more rested than I was last week, I could use another week or a few days to really stay relaxed. Instead I am going to the National VBMA conference in Orlando, as a 2009 Mid-Atlantic Regional Leader. Exciting, yes! However, I am not ready to leave Matt and home yet, not that I have much of a choice now. I am also missing the big inaugural concert on Sunday, with the Boss, Beyonce, John Legend and other musicians I enjoy. Oh well, it's also going to be acrtic cold here and super crowded, and I have to hope it will be warmer in Florida.

I am starting to be complacent with how break went. I did what I needed to do, and no one ever gets everything done that they want to. I worked a lot, applied for as many summer jobs as I could find, and relaxed and worked out as much as possible. Now it is time to regroup and re-energize and hope the semester goes quickly, successfully and that sometime in March I will have a summer job.

Until then I must finish packing and be one with the fact that no matter how much time you have off, you will always want more. Life goes on with or without you.

I think I am saddest that today was my last day to sleep in.

No comments: