The whole issue has caused some backlash between the students and the school's administration, which I think is a shame because I think all of our teachers and staff work very hard and have taught us well. They did not, however, address the policy change to us properly. I hope the situation is rectified properly.
On another note I'd like to recap 2008 accomplishments:
- 3 semesters of vet school under my belt.
- Tried my hand at biomedical research, and enjoyed a lovely summer in Blacksburg.
- Co-published my first review journal article (volume to be determined in early 2009) on toll-like receptors.
- Continued networking throughout the veterinary community and exploring alternative career options, such as lab animal medicine.
- Had a blast in the UK with old friends.
- Received a national VBMA position as the Mid-Atlantic Regional Leader for 2009.
- I was not "into" the holidays this year. I suppose between the crappy economy and lack of funds energy and time it just wasn't my year.
- Garfield, one of my cats with FLUTD, blocked the weekend after my last exam, while we were in NYC for a party and to visit my mom.
- I have still not caught up on sleep between working many shifts at the Hope Center and lack of sleep in NY.
- I visited Covance with the Pathology club and learned more opportunities in lab animal medicine.
- I have been cleaning the house, and trying to get back into shape.
- Matt and I cooked a delicious Rick Bayless Mexican meal for New Year's Eve.
I am already starting to get depressed about break being half over:(
Still on the list:
- Finish cleaning the house.
- Get more into shape.
- Apply for summer programs.
- See more friends and go ice skating at the National Gallery.
- Try to organize more photos.
- Watch more movies and unlock the 3 other races in Mariokart.
- Attend the National VBMA meeting at NAVC in Orlando.